Monday, February 1, 2016

Roma!

What is it about me that I only think about writing on this blog when I'm traveling somewhere wonderful? I don't know, but I guess I start to think about never wanting to forget my experiences and need to document them somehow. At any rate, here I am again, almost a year since the last post. And guess where I am right now? In Seravezza, Italy, a little town in the northern region of Tuscany, population of about 2,000. We just finished spending 5 days in Rome, and now we have a week here.








We are using this as our home base, going to Florence, Milan, Pisa, and Cinque Terre, among other places hopefully.
















But Rome. Let's not move past Rome too fast. When we first got there, I wasn't sure what I felt. I think a lot of my reservation was because I didn't speak the language at all. Not a stitch, which became more and more irritating to me as we began to sightsee. I realize how much my little bit of French helps me. I was definitely wishing I had made more of an effort to learn a few phrases.















No comments: