Monday, February 1, 2016

Reflection

I'm sitting in the Munich airport waiting for my flight home to LA. I am so ready to go home, not because I didn't have a good time, because I did. I enjoyed Paris, loved helping Natalia get her home decorated, and soaked up time with my grandsons. But for some reason this trip has made me do a little more reflecting than usual -- on the way I spend my time, the people I value, the pastimes I pursue, the time I give myself to recharge and regroup.

I flew to Paris by myself and Natalia met me there at the hotel. We went to Sacre Couer, the Conciergerie (it was closed), and basically walked around the city. Lorraine met us at the hotel the next day, and we saw all the regular sights -- the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, a boat ride on the Seine, the Louvre, the Tuilleries, Place de la Concorde, and the Arc de Triomphe. We also went to the Opera Garnier for the first time. What a gorgeous place! I've been to Paris probably 4 or 5 times now in the last 6 years, and every time I seem to discover something new and wonderful. It seems so cliche to love Paris, but I do. It's loved worldwide, and for good reason.


No comments: