Friday, October 15, 2010

Faces

As I was browsing through photos posted by my Swiss friend, I was struck by a theme, a common thread that ran through the grouping of pictures.  The faces.  The faces of women who are so dear to me and whose depth of character runs deep and strong.
Look at the faces.  I am overwhelmed when I see them.  These women are my support system, my encouragers, my biggest fans.  Not because of who I am.  Because of who they are.  Solid. Tender. Indomitable. Compassionate. Joyful. Brilliant. Grounded.





 Pay no attention to the quality of the photos.  Some are blurry, uncentered.  Pay attention to the quality of the expressions.  True joy, the ability to laugh, to spread joy to those around them.  The capacity to love far and wide, to bring those they meet into their sphere of care and concern.


 Through thick and thin, these women are real, honest, faithful, steadfast. 







These are the women in my life.  Call me blessed.  God has smiled upon me.

1 comment:

Natalia Simmons said...

Love it! We are so blessed!!