Monday, September 6, 2010

Inspired

Inspired.  Finally.  I have been ignoring my personal blog for several reasons, but probably mostly just because I have not been, well, inspired.  I have a tendency to look at the dark side of things.  I am a "glass half empty" person.  Worry is my frequent companion.  But I just finished reading my niece's blog at labelleviephotos.blogspot.com, and I can't help but realize some very important truths that I have been missing, things I know but have allowed to be obscured by the weighty struggles in life.  There are things in life to be thankful for.  Yes, life is full of struggles.  Jesus said, "In this world, you will have trouble."  But his next statement was, "But take heart!  I have overcome the world."  Taking heed of this single truth is how people like my niece Lindsey look at life, how they see the good in the midst of the devastating, how they are a beautiful fragrance in a sometimes very stinky world.  Just imagine if more people were like this, how much more pleasant our journey would be.


 E

very summer we go down to San Diego (okay. Not every summer, but I so wanted to use this drop cap E)  to one of the San Diego Symphony Summer Pops concerts.  It's such a lovely evening, with beautiful downtown on your right, the boats on the water on your left, and, this year, the spectacular music of Tchaikovsky coming from the stage in front of you.  This year we attended with my darling niece Katie, my dear sister Donna,
and Eric, Ashley, Emma, Natalia, Tae, and Eli.  It was lovely! They even had six canons lined facing the harbor which, of course, they fired during the 1812 Overture. And my incredible baby grandkids, Emma and Eli, slept through the blasts!  Tae loved the concert too.  I thought we were going to have to try to keep him occupied with coloring books and toys through the concert, but he listened the entire time.  After a performance by a featured violinist (who was only 15 years old!), Tae said, "That guy's good!"  So cute!  Look at the pure pleasure on my sister's face.  There's nothing like holding a sweet baby, is there?!  I was happy to provide the granddaughter for my sister's enjoyment.
Life is good.  I will remember that.

No comments: